Walsh Island Dockyard and Engineering Works

The Walsh Island Dockyard and Engineering Works was a dockyard and engineering workshop established by the Government of New South Wales in 1913, at Walsh Island, Newcastle, Australia. The foundation stone was laid on 15 June 1913 by Arthur Griffith, the Minister for Works. The dockyard was constructed as a replacement for Sydney's Cockatoo Island Dockyard, that was taken over by the Federal Government in 1913.


The Walsh Island Dockyard and Engineering Works was a dockyard and engineering workshop established by the Government of New South Wales in 1913, at Walsh Island, Newcastle, Australia. The foundation stone was laid on 15 June 1913 by Arthur Griffith, the Minister for Works. The dockyard was constructed as a replacement for Sydney's Cockatoo Island Dockyard, that was taken over by the Federal Government in 1913.
Read article on Wikipedia