Torrechiara Castle is a 15th-century castle near Langhirano, in the province of Parma, northern Italy. It sits atop a terraced hill south of the city of Parma, in a strategic position overlooking the Parma (river) in the valley below.Castello di Torrechiara The castle was built between 1448 and 1460 by Pier Maria II de' Rossi, the fourth count of San Secondo. The fortress shows the influence of the Sforza-Visconti castles. In 1894, it was described as "the two walls, the curtains planted on an exact square, and the four towers draw together like a cyclopean pyramid very pleasing to the eye and, in fact, very elegant" by archaeologist and art historian Corrado Ricci. The castle has been managed by the Polo Museale dell'Emilia Romagna since 2015.