Pond-Weed House

The Pond-Weed House is a historic house at corner of the old Boston Post Road and Hollow Tree Ridge Road in the Noroton section of Darien, Connecticut. It has also been known as The House Under the Hill and Half-Way House. Built in 1696 by Nathaniel Weed, the house is a classic wood frame saltbox, 2-1/2 stories in height, five bays wide, with a central chimney. It is considered to be the oldest building extant in Darien.


The Pond-Weed House is a historic house at corner of the old Boston Post Road and Hollow Tree Ridge Road in the Noroton section of Darien, Connecticut. It has also been known as The House Under the Hill and Half-Way House. Built in 1696 by Nathaniel Weed, the house is a classic wood frame saltbox, 2-1/2 stories in height, five bays wide, with a central chimney. It is considered to be the oldest building extant in Darien.
Read article on Wikipedia