Lenana School is a secondary school in Nairobi, Kenya. It was formed in 1949 by colonial governor Philip Euen Mitchell, known then as the Duke of York School, named after a British World War II King George V-class battleship (1939). The actual bell from HMS Duke of York can still be seen mounted on a bell-shed at the front school parade ground between the school chapel and the hall. The first students were briefly housed at the then British colonial Governor's House which is the current State House as they waited for the school's completion. The founding principal/headmaster was R. H. James.