Java School No. 1

Java School No. 1 is a historic school in Java, Wyoming County, New York. It is a two-story frame structure in the Italian Villa style. It features a four sided, square cupola at the apex of the roof. It was built about 1850 and operated as a school until 1967. In 1969, the building was occupied by the local Grange and now also houses the Java Historical Society Museum, a local history museum that is open by appointment.


Java School No. 1 is a historic school in Java, Wyoming County, New York. It is a two-story frame structure in the Italian Villa style. It features a four sided, square cupola at the apex of the roof. It was built about 1850 and operated as a school until 1967. In 1969, the building was occupied by the local Grange and now also houses the Java Historical Society Museum, a local history museum that is open by appointment.
Read article on Wikipedia