India Crago Harris
India Crago Harris (1848–1948), a native Connersville, Fayette County, Indiana, United States, was an art patron and civic leader in Indianapolis, Indiana, who served on the Art Association of Indianapolis's board of trustees, including roles as recording secretary (1893–1899) and its fifth president (1904–1907). The Art Association was the predecessor to the Indianapolis Museum of Art and the Indiana University – Purdue University Indianapolis's Herron School of Art and Design). During her tenure as president, Harris laid the cornerstone for the association's first new building, named the John Herron Art Institute, at 16th and Pennsylvania Streets. In addition, Harris established Herron's reference library. As the wife of Addison C. Harris (1840–1916), who was a prominent Indianapolis lawyer and a civic leader, she accompanied him to Vienna, Austria, during his diplomatic service as U.S. Envoy Extraordinary and Minister Plenipotentiary (ambassador) to Austria-Hungary.