Dirinon Parish close

The Dirinon Parish close is located at Dirinon in the Brest arrondissement in Brittany in north-western France. The enclosure church is dedicated to Saint Nonne and her son Divy and was built between 1588 and 1714. It has a 1618 south porch with statues of the apostles inside as well as a statue of Christ giving a blessing and holding a globe in his left hand. Apart from the church there is a chapel, small ossuary and a calvary. The church contains some superb altarpieces and sablières. The church is a listed historical monument since 1916. The name Dirinon is derived from the Breton


The Dirinon Parish close is located at Dirinon in the Brest arrondissement in Brittany in north-western France. The enclosure church is dedicated to Saint Nonne and her son Divy and was built between 1588 and 1714. It has a 1618 south porch with statues of the apostles inside as well as a statue of Christ giving a blessing and holding a globe in his left hand. Apart from the church there is a chapel, small ossuary and a calvary. The church contains some superb altarpieces and sablières. The church is a listed historical monument since 1916. The name Dirinon is derived from the Breton "diri" which means an oak (chênes) and Sainte Nonne.
Read article on Wikipedia