Corona station (LIRR)

Corona was a station along the Port Washington Branch of the Long Island Rail Road in the Corona section of Queens, New York City. It was one of two stations built by the Flushing Railroad in Corona, this one having been at Grand Avenue and 45th Avenue. The station first opened as Fashion Race Course in March 1855, then renamed West Flushing, once the West Flushing station at 108th Street closed and possibly when the race track was closed in 1869, and later renamed Corona around June 1872 when the Post Office was opened under the name of Corona. The race pens were located on this street which led directly north to the Fashion Race Course.


Corona was a station along the Port Washington Branch of the Long Island Rail Road in the Corona section of Queens, New York City. It was one of two stations built by the Flushing Railroad in Corona, this one having been at Grand Avenue and 45th Avenue. The station first opened as Fashion Race Course in March 1855, then renamed West Flushing, once the West Flushing station at 108th Street closed and possibly when the race track was closed in 1869, and later renamed Corona around June 1872 when the Post Office was opened under the name of Corona. The race pens were located on this street which led directly north to the Fashion Race Course.
Read article on Wikipedia