Brandval is a former municipality in the old Hedmark county, Norway. The municipality existed from 1867 until its dissolution in 1964 when it became part of Kongsvinger Municipality. It was located in the southern part of the traditional district of Solør. The administrative centre of the old municipality was the village of Brandval where Brandval Church is located. The municipality included the populated Glomma river valley in the west and the more sparsely populated Finnskogen forest area in the east.