Berlin Mills Railway 7

Berlin Mills Railway 7 is a steam locomotive at Steamtown National Historic Site. It was built in 1911 by the Vulcan Iron Works for the Berlin Mills Railway, an industrial line in Berlin, New Hampshire. Number 7 worked there as a switcher until November 1944, when it was sold to the Groveton Papers Company of Groveton, New Hampshire. In 1956, it was finally replaced by a diesel locomotive, ending 45 years of use. After a few years of idleness, though, the locomotive was leased to the Woodsville, Blackmount and Haverhill Steam Railroad, a new tourist railroad near Haverhill. Number 7 operated as the only locomotive for this company until it folded after 1963. It was ultimately donated to Steamtown by the Groveton Paper Company in 1969.


Berlin Mills Railway 7 is a steam locomotive at Steamtown National Historic Site. It was built in 1911 by the Vulcan Iron Works for the Berlin Mills Railway, an industrial line in Berlin, New Hampshire. Number 7 worked there as a switcher until November 1944, when it was sold to the Groveton Papers Company of Groveton, New Hampshire. In 1956, it was finally replaced by a diesel locomotive, ending 45 years of use. After a few years of idleness, though, the locomotive was leased to the Woodsville, Blackmount and Haverhill Steam Railroad, a new tourist railroad near Haverhill. Number 7 operated as the only locomotive for this company until it folded after 1963. It was ultimately donated to Steamtown by the Groveton Paper Company in 1969.
Read article on Wikipedia